Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Word of the Day

Broats (pl. n.) - A pair of trousers with a career behind them. Broats are most commonly seen on elderly retired army officers. Originally the broats were part of their best suit back in the thirties; then in the fifties they were demoted and used for gardening. Recently, pensions not being what they were, the broats have been called out of retirement and reinstated as part of the best suit again.

Bonus Word

Brompton (n.) - A brompton is that which is said to have been committed when you are convinced you are about to blow off with a resounding trumpeting noise in a public place and all that actually slips out is a tiny 'pfpt'.

In a sentence: I wish my husband would, once in a while, commit a brompton instead of the trumpeting noise that resounds through the floor from the basement family room.

1 comment:

Trish said...

Hey you, I have something for you, but I need your addresss. Email it to me at lawsontrisha@hotmail.com

xoxo