Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A First Look at Cuba


OldHavana1.jpg, originally uploaded by Knits&Pics.

This was our first "real" view of Old Havana in Cuba. I say "real" in quotations because, despite the fact that the buildings are derelict and sad, the people are anything but.
Inside those dark doorways and in the streets are the heart and soul of Cuba, the Cuban people themselves.
I wouldn't have given up the chance to experience the culture shock or the challenge of communication for anything (including Varadero).
I would admit though, having more Spanish would have helped immensely. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why, hello!

Nice to see you blogging! I love that photo, btw.

Sara said...

Thanks so much.
BTW: How did you find me so fast?
I'm still learning the ropes and haven't figured out all the ins and outs and formatting. My picture actually got cut off a bit and I can't figure out how to fix it. :\
What can I say - it's all a WIP. :)

gmontalc said...

nice post and also I'm newbie on bloggin... by the way I'm Cuban.