Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Word of the Day

I was perusing Amy R. Singer's blog on Knitty and enjoyed her words and definitions of the day (from a very old dictionary) so much I thought maybe I would start my own.
Of course, I couldn't just do it the "normal" way, having been cultivated and raised towards a more British sense of humour. So if some of you don't get it and don't find it funny, you'll have to blame my Dad.
My dictionary of choice - Douglas Adams & John Lloyd's "The Deeper Meaning of Liff A Dictionary of Things That There Aren't Any Words for Yet."
First Word of the Day:

Abilene - Descriptive of the pleasing coolness on the reverse side of the pillow.

1 comment:

karen said...

I love the cool side of the pillow. Every night I search for it.

I really liked chatting with you on Friday too Sara.. and happily enough, I'm there again next Friday too :)