Saturday, August 18, 2007

To Frog or not to Frog

There seems to be two very distinct camps on this subject - people who HATE to unravel their work (and cringe with just the talk of it) and people who see it as just another part of the process. I am of the latter.


This is (was) an almost completed sweater for my husband. I guess I hadn't been paying much attention because it turned into a big sack. HUGE. So what did I do? I frogged the entire thing.


Apparently Pippin is of the former camp. He doesn't like frogging either. He had to give a good kneading before he could say goodbye. It was his favorite sweater (evident by all the bits of cat hair 'woven' into the yarn).


This was my first ever attempt at a "self" design. It is/was/will be a pullover shrug, but the neck opening was just too small which made it quite difficult to put on. I'm re-designing and re-knitting it now.

Stayed tuned for more perilous adventures of...
"Knits in Frogland"
(Coming soon to a blog near you)

No comments: