Thursday, August 9, 2007

Some FOs



I thought I should start on a more positive note with my knitting and show some FOs. Ok it's only two, but I have to start somewhere.
Don't look away or blink, you might miss them. They are a rare sight.
Fit for Autumn is a nice, simple, quick knit of my own design. When I say design, I mean I knit it from the top down by guessing how many stitches I needed to cast on and went with it. After that it got more technical. I tried it on as I went, frogged when I had to, put shaping where needed, and was surprised when it was done.
[Amy (Indigirl), if you are reading this, I hope you are laughing while you shake your head, not cringing. ;)]
Despite the fact that I have listed it as an FO, I am not fully finished. The yarn is so warm, and thick, and delicious that I need to add sleeves. I have enough skeins left of that wonderful Blue Sky Worsted Hand Dyes in Rusty Orange that I should be able to add full sleeves to it. I will get much more wear out of it in the winter. I can't wait.

The mini wrap is a variation of Glampyre's Minisweater (a.k.a Boobholder) that I saw on cosmicpluto (thank you for the inspiration). It was fast, fun, and fabulous. I'm making a second one out of the same yarn but reds. Unfortunately I can't seem to find the tags for them and can't remember what yarn it is. I'll have to post that later.

I guess that is it for FOs for now. I hope you enjoyed them because WIPs are next. :0

No comments: